Thursday 13 December 2012

Magazine Front Cover

Using Photoshop I was able to create a magazine cover from scratch. I gained inspiration from "Empire Magazine" one of the most popular movie magazines in the country. I downloaded several fronts from dafont.com. I made sure that there was a variety within text size, making the most important aspects of the cover larger. The cover features the standard conventions and connotations such a the masthead, anchorage text, strap line etc.

The target audience for this version of our cover are the older generation who have an high interest in movie magazines. The text is plain, but gets the messages across. I then went on to take a photograph of our main character. He is seen wearing his signature mask that he uses to hide his identity when killing. During the editing process I simply lowered the saturation and increased the contrast to create a eerie tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment